SkinPen Microneedling is a safe, effective vertical microneedling device on the medical aesthetics market. SkinPen works to diminish the signs of aging. Collagen induction therapy, also knows as microneedling, is a great way to address these signs on aging at the cellular level. Microneedling comfortably creates thousands of micro-injuries in the skin to trigger the body’s natural wound healing process. This results in skin remodeling, including the formation of collagen and elastin, the two proteins predominantly responsible for the structure of the skin. The outcome is beautiful, youthful looking skin.
The advantages of your SkinPen microneedling procedure include:
- SkinPen microneedling is minimally invasive and a quick procedure, performed in-office and takes approximately 30 minutes.
- Little recovery downtime makes SkinPen ideal for a busy lifestyle, and a great place to start for aesthetic procedures.
- Results are generated from your own skin’s natural collagen remodeling and elastin.
- The mild post-procedure effects are similar to a mild to moderate sunburn.
- SkinPen may be used on all skin types, from light to dark.
- Ideal for assisting in reducing the signs of aging.
- A versatile, precision design for use on most all parts of the body including face, neck, and décolletage.
Add PRP to your SkinPen Treatments for Better Results
PRP (or platelet rich plasma therapy) involves drawing a small amount of the patient’s own blood and spinning it in a centrifuge to separate the plasma from the rest of the blood. The plasma contains growth factors that help to promote new cell growth within the skin. The platelet rich plasma is applied to your face before and after performing microneedling. This combination of these two treatments promotes healthier, younger-looking skin.
How can PRP Improve the results of your SkinPen Microneedling Treatment?
The microneedling treatment comfortably creates thousands of micro-injuries in the skin to trigger the body’s natural healing process, these little wounds in the skin are repaired by the platelets in your blood. By applying PRP from your own blood directly on the treated areas, you are boosting the growth of new cells and activating multi-potent stem cells that regenerate new skin tissue, resulting is an enhancement in the new collagen and tissue regeneration leading to a firmer, smoother and healthier looking face.