JUVEDERM VOLUMA XC
JUVEDERM VOLUMA XC is designed to add volume beneath the skin’s surface to lift and contour the cheek area.
Subtle lift. Beauty breakthrough. Wrinkles and lines aren’t the only signs of aging. Over time, the cheeks flatten, and the skin may begin to sag. This is caused by a natural loss of volume in the cheek area, or what the experts call age-related midface volume loss.
Lift & Contour Cheeks – JUVEDERM VOLUMA XC adds volume to correct age-related volume loss in the cheeks to help create a more youthful appearance.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC injectable gel is a smooth, colorless hyaluronic acid (HA) gel that contains a small quantity of local anesthetic (lidocaine). HA is a naturally occurring sugar found in the human body. The role of HA in the skin is to deliver nutrients and help the skin retain its natural moisture and softness. The addition of lidocaine helps to improve the comfort of the injection. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC injectable gel is manufactured using VYCROSS™ technology to give a specialized smooth-gel filler that produces long-lasting results at the treatment site. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is delivered by an injection into the cheek and surrounding area of the mid-face to correct volume and fullness.
As you age, the cheek area loses its youthful shape. The cheeks flatten out and the skin may begin to sag. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC injectable gel is designed to temporarily reverse these signs of aging. It is a gel that is injected into the cheek area to lift the skin. It temporarily adds volume to the cheek area and results in a smoother contour and more youthful appearance to the face.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is indicated for deep (subcutaneous and/or supraperiosteal) injection for cheek augmentation to correct age-related volume deficit in the mid-face in adults over the age of 21.
It is injected into the cheek area using a small needle. It temporarily corrects volume in the cheek area and gives the appearance of a more youthful, smoother skin surface.
Important Safety Information
Are there any reasons why I should not receive any JUVÉDERM® injectable gel formulation?
Do not use these products if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to lidocaine or the gram-positive bacterial proteins used in these products.
What precautions should my doctor advise me about?
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding has not been studied
- The safety of JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC injectable gels in patients under 18 years, and the safety of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in patients under 35 years or over 65 years has not been studied
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM® XC for areas other than facial wrinkles and folds, and JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC for areas other than the lips and perioral area for lip augmentation, or facial wrinkles and folds, have not been established in clinical studies
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in areas other than the cheek area have not been established in clinical studies
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) or pigmentation disorders, as use of these products may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation
- Tell your doctor if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your doctor if you are on immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response, as use of these products may result in an increased risk of infection
- Tell your doctor if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site
- Minimize strenuous exercise, exposure to extensive sun or heat, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours following treatment
What are possible side effects?
One of the risks with using this product is unintentional injection into a blood vessel, and while rare, the complications can be serious and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring.
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.